Saturday, October 14, 2017

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC17 - Week 41

Welcome to Week 41 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  This week was a little bit busier than most.  One of the reasons is that I have to get ready for Quilt Camp.  First thing's first, THIS quilt has to go with me!  It's the one that I was working on at the last event:




Think Spring!  Mystery pattern by Tiffany H.  Quilting by me.


SUNDAY - I enjoyed a lazy day.  Not exactly what SHOULD have been happening around here, but... There you have it.

Oh!!  Look what's blooming AGAIN:




Yes.  I realize it's not PINK, but I couldn't resist sharing this THIRD blooming of the SAME iris plant!!


MONDAY - Knit Group met this morning.  I followed this with new PINK nail polish, a quick trip to the grocery store and a load or two of laundry.  During the evening hours, I sent out a call for help.  You can read about that HERE.

TUESDAY - I missed Sew Day at D's in favor of a shopping trip with H and a hair appointment:



This evening was set aside for Girls Night Out:



Some people really CAN talk and knit at the same time!!  LOL

WEDNESDAY - Quilting at Needleb's.  Notice the magnetic snaps have been attached.  Making duplicate projects certainly is time-consuming!!  Today, I finished another step in the making of my Trail Totes:


That photo shows all of my zipper and bag match ups (so that I don't have to go through the entire process... AGAIN!!)

... Was followed by a trip to Raleigh.  My first of this school year!  Why???  Birthday dinner with DS1 on the only day he had available this week!

I released my Wonderful Wednesday post for this week.  If you are interested, you can read about it HERE.

THURSDAY - Weekly Quilt Group was followed by MORE sewing at Britt's!!  We're in the middle of a Trail Tote Marathon.  Today's progress?  Another set of strap components:



I also completed all of the "mouth" sections (for installing the zippered pockets.)  Unfortunately, I'm out of D-Rings and can't finish up without a trip to the craft store.  That will have to wait for a week or so.   :o((

Oh!  Did you want to see the design that Joanna came up with for our #quiltsforvegas quilt?  (I thought you might!)

My quilt group will be making blocks at our Sew Day on Saturday:



FRIDAY - Coffee Club was followed by some time with a good friend.  I took a moment to show off my new PINK nail polish, since I didn't show you earlier in the week:



 Between the two activities, I took a trip to the post office to mail out the Mug Rug that I made for my swap partner.  More about that in a couple of weeks.  I am planning a single post for the sending and receiving of the tiny quilts.

SATURDAY - It's LINK PARTY day!!!  I'm off to my monthly Quilt Bee meeting.  We're having a Sew Day at the SECU Family House.  I'm in charge of the food, so I've got to get moving!!  I'll catch up on all of the wonderful PINK projects later today...

Right AFTER finishing my packing for Quilt Camp!

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

15 comments:

  1. Wow! What a busy week you've had! I love your projects...and your pink nail polish. Have fun today and at Quilt Camp.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...you have had a very busy week. Your quilt looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those trail totes look like a great project! Have fun with them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lucky you, going to quilt camp. Have a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the link to the tote...I might have to make one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your first quilt...I could use a girls day out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun with your Trail Totes - it looks like a great bag!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoy that camp, you busy girl, you! Whew!
    And thanks for the link to the tote - I love a good bag pattern, and that one looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always have such busy, productive weeks! I hope lots of blocks get made for #quiltsforvegas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joy, the white reblooming iris is Immortality. I raised irises and found it always reblooms and is so lovely. Don't forget to divide the clump and replant the healthy outer rhizomes after three years of bloom. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the link to the Trail Tote! Looks like a fun pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lazy days are completely necessary, especially when the rest of the week is as busy as your's is. Happy belated birthday to DS1.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.