Saturday, October 29, 2016

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC16 - Week 44

Welcome to Week 44 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  It's another week of YELLOW and ORANGE.  Angela, over at So Scrappy blog, gives us a color or two to work on each month.  This year she chose two per month so that we were left with two months to finish up our scrappy projects.  Sounds like a great plan, but I'm not sure which RSC projects will be ready for finishing.  More than that, I'm not sure that I will have TIME to devote to RSC finishing due to commission projects in the works!

One week at a time, so let's see how THIS one panned out...

SUNDAY - Sniffle, sniffle.  Stitch, stitch.  Oh, look!!  I completed the top of my Think Spring Mystery Quilt...



... And there's even some YELLOW in it for the RSC!!!

MONDAY - OUCH!!!  Carrying my folding table while wearing a walking cast boot probably wasn't the best idea.  :o((  The good news is that I'm OUT of that walking cast boot!!

I was so out of sorts this morning that I left my wallet at home when I went to Knit Group.  (Fortunately, friends will buy your tea and treats for you when this happens.)

TUESDAYCough, cough and off to the chiropractor, I went. That was weird... only a minor adjustment (and some acupuncture) and my back is feeling MUCH better.

Today's quilty adventure?  Rounding up scraps for my friend, Sue's new quilt:



Oh, LOOK!!  There's YELLOW in there, too... And she's THRILLED with the variety of scraps that I shared!!   :o))

WEDNESDAY - Ring, ring!!  I called to get an appointment with my doctor so that if this cold turns into anything nasty, I will have something to make me feel better while I'm away this weekend.

THURSDAY - Yes.  I'm going away again.  This time, it's SAFF.  For you non-yarny folks, that stands for the Southeastern Animal Fiber Fair held outside of Ashville, NC each year.  My knitting friends and I go every year.  Well, we've gone every year for the past 5 years or so.)

Today's news???

Bonnie Hunter, of Quiltville fame, released the color cues for this year's En Provence! Mystery Quilt:


Follow the link above for the glorious photos!!


FRIDAY - Hello, from SAFF!!  I woke up at breakfast...

... When someone spilled HOT coffee down my back!!!  GOOD morning.  Yes.  I'm awake now (and wearing a clean, dry shirt, after heading back to the room to change!)

Tonight was the Official Un-official SAFF/Ravelry Party at the Mt. Inn and Suites.  The entire lobby was filled with knitters, crocheters, and spinners, all is search of cool DOOR PRIZES from the AMAZING vendors.  Thank you to all who contributed!!  Winners, please be sure to show your appreciation.

SATURDAY - Hello, again, from SAFF!!  I may be away, but I didn't forget about my fellow RSC Quilters.  Today is Angela's LINK PARTY, so head on over to her So Scrappy blog.  I'll catch you later.  I planned to be off in search of goat's milk fudge from Heather Farms.  YUM!!!  It's a SAFF tradition.

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

11 comments:

  1. What a great week! (Except for that pesky cold and the hot coffee!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your think spring mystery quilt looks great!!! Have fun this weekend at SAFF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect name for this quilt. It looks so fresh and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing your finished Think Spring helps me understand why it was such a dyslexic dilemma! Good news, the boot is off. Hope you're having a great time at SAFF.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you're so funny, a bum foot, and now scalded back. Hope you make it home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Think Spring quilt is so calm and restful. It does recall Spring to me. Wonderful job! Glad to hear you kicked the boot off. Sorry to hear about the burnt back. Ouch! Hope you come back in one piece. lol. Enjoy the SAFF friends! ;^)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the link to the En Provence Mystery quilt. I watched others last and am going to jump in this year. I pray that you will be feeling much better and strengthened soon, Joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the progress on your Think Spring Mystery quilt, it turned out beautifully. Enjoy your weekend away. Sounds like a lively, but possible dangerous group.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My goodness - you've been busy! I haven't checked out Bonnie's info yet, so thanks for the link.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am not a quilter however I do admire those of you who are quilters. I do love fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are one BUSY lady! Lots of wonderful things going on in your life. I hope you're feeling fine (because you mentioned sniffles and a possible cold) now and thank goodness your foot is better. Your quilt is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.