Saturday, September 17, 2016

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC16 - Week 38

Welcome to Week 38 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  I absolutely HAVE to get these CK Totes DONE!!!  They have been weighing heavily on my mind, but I had that rather large commission quilt standing in the way.  With it done and delivered, I'm hoping to move my bag project from in progress to GONE!!! 

Let's see how I do with that goal...

SUNDAY afternoon, I dropped off DS1 (who was home for Laundry Day) and picked up DS2... he was feeling lonely since his roommate moved out a few days ago.  (Long, sad story.  We won't go there, as it's better left unsaid.  Just hope for the best, please.)

While waiting for DS1 to be ready to head back to school, I dragged out the RED scrap "basket" to see what I would be using for this month's RSC blocks...



... Along with the YELLOW scraps:




Just in case I "need" those, too!!

MONDAY morning was Knit Group.  The "Sweat Shop" opened when I returned home.  I'm hoping to get my Tote Bag orders out before I go away at the end of the week!

Today's progress:



and


Exterior panels, front and back, have been assembled.

TUESDAY was proclaimed Bag Day.  I made some good progress, but there is a limit to how much I can get done in a day:





Interiors, pockets, and handles, checked off the task list.  :o))

Before leaving the studio for the day, I pulled fabrics for Friday's Buds, Branches, and Blossoms class with Deborah Boschert...

My signature brights...



Along with some neutrals/naturals:



I'm SEW excited by the possibilities!!!


WEDNESDAY was The BIG Push.  I really want to get these bags DONE before I leave town tomorrow!!



All three pinned and stitched... ALMOST all the way around!!

One done:



But then, Knitter's Night Out interrupted then...



... was followed by MORE packing, but before I could pack up my "tools of the trade", I had to put the finishing touches on the last two Custom CK Totes...

One...



And TWO:


THURSDAY started out with my weekly Quilt Group meeting and transitioned to a travel day.

Shopping at We're Sew Creative in Concord Mills, North Carolina:



Traveling to WNCQG meeting in Hendersonville, NC made it possible for me to meet Deborah, whose blog I have been following for quite some time...


... And enjoy her Stitching, Symbols, Signature Style lecture/Power Point presentation.  I am happy to say that I was able to purchase one of her first 50 books, hot off the press:



The early quilter gets the worm... er... FREE hand stamped (by Deborah) fat eighth.  Hooray!!!  Joyful is a happy camper!!!

Note:  Quilty Orphan Adoption Event at Quilting is more fun than Housework blog was posted today and closes on Sunday.  I will try to scare up some entries when I get back home!

FRIDAY was a class day which morphed into a shopping spree at Beginnings Quilt Shop in Hendersonville, North Carolina:



Followed by a L. O. N. G! return trip home.

Don't worry, Austerity Quilters, I only bought a couple quarter yard cuts and a coordinating FQ:




SATURDAY is LINK PARTY day at Angela's So Scrappy blog. It was also my monthly Quilt Bee meeting.  As always, it was good to see everyone and I was happy to show off my Class Quilt:



Wait for process photos in an upcoming post!!  It's amazing what came from THIS one fabric:



Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

5 comments:

  1. Quite the busy week. So nice to have time to do for others and yourself too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bags are so clever. Their owners will get plenty of comments. What a nice trip, quilters, fabric and new friends.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun, but busy week. The bags turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bags are beautiful! Sounds like you have had a most excellent week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.