Saturday, September 3, 2016

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC16 - Week 36

Welcome to Week 36 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  I can tell you right now, there won't be very much sewing coming out of my studio this week.  It's going to be a busy one with not much time at home... much less in the sewing room.  I will make an attempt to create my last two RSC blocks for the month, but as you saw in last week's post, there won't be very much GRAY in them!!

Let's see how the week panned out...

On SUNDAY, I finished up my ONE Maverick Star in GRAY:




MONDAY was Knit Group, but I couldn't attend.  :o((



I did spend some time with my PURPLE knitting project!!  :o))

On TUESDAY afternoon, I had a hair appointment.  Between that and my monthly Night Bee meeting, I completed ONE String Block in GRAY:



WEDNESDAY is the LAST DAY of August.  That means it's time for my Month in Review for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge...

ONE Maverick Star Block:



ONE Slab Block:



ONE String Block:



And... ONE Tiny Nine:



For a total of FOUR blocks during GRAY month:



I also managed to eek out ONE Rainbow Crumb Block in GRAY:



That brings my block production to a grand total of FIVE blocks:



THURSDAY is the day for my weekly Quilt Group meeting, but I had to miss it.  I also missed publishing my Wonderful Wednesday post.  :o((

FRIDAY was spent with a friend and was followed by a trip around the world.  OK, so maybe not the world... just to Chapel Hill and back, since DS1 (for one reason or another) opted to stay at school for the holiday weekend.

Oh!  There's a NEW Color of the Month.  See THIS POST, but here's a BIG hint:


Oops!!  I guess subtlety isn't my strong suit.  LOL

On SATURDAY morning, I joined Angela's LINK PARTY and spent the afternoon with my family.  While it is nice to have the boy home from college for the weekend, I think I may be a little less unhinged when he returns to school after this weekend... Only time will tell.  :P

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

9 comments:

  1. Good job getting a wee bit of stitching done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did very well considering a very busy month! Hope you survive the weekend =) Pull out some knitting while visiting.... might be a calming influence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made more blocks last month than I did - and I am delighted to see red on the radar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some months are more conducive to sewing than others. Getting the kids off to school was more important.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As few RSC blocks as you got done for August, you still beat me!
    Your grays look great, and I'm sure reds will be even better! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think every little bit counts! The gray blocks you did stitch together are really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. With all that going on you were lucky to finish your August goals. Red will be fun, so enjoy September.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You managed to get a lot of grey blocks done. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your wee bit of stitching is more than I got done all week, you always impress me. I have been somewhat busy with customer's quilts and doing a little space reorganizing, and choir stuff. I think I need to do a little of my own sewing next week (for my mental health).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.