Thanks for going easy on us, Bonnie!!!
In case you don't know about the mystery quilt, Bonnie took her colors from the sights on her recent trip to Italy. I took my colors from her suggestions. This is not my usual way of doing a mystery quilt, but it's what my stash demanded this time around. The only substitutions I made was in the number of prints within certain color groupings. I'm hoping that it won't make a difference in the grand scheme of things!!
Part 4, released this past Friday, began with cutting...
I cut sets of matching REDS:
I cut sets of non-matching NEUTRALS:
And I cut BLACKS (Mine are all the same, even though Bonnie called for a mix.):
After all that cutting, it was time for a BREAK!!! :o))
NOTE: If you read my ScrapHappy Saturday posts, those photo may look familiar to you.
On Saturday, I marked all of the corners:
Sunday afternoon found me sitting at my sewing machine.
Stitching first one side:
Then the other:
Then double stitching one side:
And the other:
In the end, I completed ALL of the units AND all of the bonus HSTs:
Trimming will have to wait for another day... I'm going on (a long awaited) vacation!!
True confessions: Some of you might have spotted a problem... That trimming will include cutting away the extra half-inch that I cut for EVERY Center-less Bow-tie. I cut the all 2.5" x 4.5" for some unknown reason. :o((
Until next time...