Saturday, June 27, 2015

ScrapHappy Saturday - RSC15 - Week 26

Welcome to Week 26 of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!!  I have a fairly FREE week, but as you know... Life has a way of getting in the way of our quilting.  Come.  Take a journey through my week (as it transpired.)

SUNDAY afternoon, after writing up the notes from yesterday's Quilt Bee meeting, I went upstairs to deal with the aftermath of my Dye Frenzy creations...

While the hand dyes go through the washer and dryer...

Take a look at my gelli prints:



NOTE:  If you EVER get the chance to experiment with Gelli Printing... DO it!!!  It is SEW fun!!!

We did stamping, stenciling, and ghost printing.  We worked on quilting cotton, paper, organza, and deli paper.  We learned what felt like a whole new language!  Most of all, we had SEW much FUN!!

And, don't worry!  You'll get another look at these if/when I actually make something with them.  I've got plans... something along the lines of a small wall hanging with the bird print and other bits.

After heat setting all of the mono prints, I worked on some Rainbow Crumb/Slab Blocks:




MONDAY was a FREE day, except for DS2's report card pick-up and  being ready for work by 4:30. The evening shift really cuts your day short!  Here's what I accomplished (between multiple loads of laundry) and cleaning up the studio for an arriving guest...



ONE Crumb Blocks and ONE Slab Block with small bits of LIGHT BLUE:


I took the trip to the school first thing... after lunch (and a trip to the grocery store.)  LOL!!  I got right back to work, but only completed...

ONE Crumb Block (that looks suspiciously like a Slab Block, but oh well...):




TUESDAY morning, I had to "be at the office" by 8 AM.  During FREE moments, I was able to check my email and play around on Ravelry.  The afternoon was mine to do with as I pleased.  THIS is what I did with that time:


See the pile of bits on the machine bed???  That's the part I'm talking about.

Our house guest arrived and we went out to dinner.  Then I added to HALF of my pile of Crumb Starters before decided that it was too late to sew any more.  I admitted defeat and went to bed.

Look at the pieced string hanging over the front of my sewing machine.  That's it!


On WEDNESDAY, my work was done for the week.  I made use of the time by... running errands and having a spa day (a hair appointment counts!)  When I got home, I finally got my hand dyed pieces out of the dryer and pressed them:


The splotchy one was squirted with spray bottles, the LIGHT BLUE and the yellow-green ones were folded and clamped, but the pink one was tied in knots (which never seems to work for me.)  You might notice that my colors aren't very vibrant.  That's because I was the LAST person to dye.  By that time, the water had cooled and, as you might know, the brightest colors result from the first (HOT) dye bath.  As the water cools, the dye doesn't take as well.  (I'm OK with that... this time.)

THURSDAY was a CRAZY day!!  I went to Quilt Group in the morning, met the guys for hair cuts in the midday, and took DS2 to clinic in the afternoon then had dinner and caught up on other work when I got home.  (Namely, posting pictures and "prettying up" the BLOG POST from today's Cherry Creek Lane Quilters meeting.)

I did, however, trim up a fresh batch of Crumb Starters:



FRIDAY came, and with it... coffee, Knit Group, lunch and SHOPPING!!!  :o))

I managed to carve out some time after dinner to add on to my Crumb Starters:


See the rumpled studio bed in the background? Evidence of our (recently departed) house guest.  No, NOT dead!!  Gone home to return the borrowed car.  :P

Hooray for SATURDAY, with its RSC LINK PARTY (I'm at link number 22) and a full day of sewing!!  Well, that was the plan.  What actually happened was THIS:

I slept late, was delivered breakfast in bed, showered and dressed, then worked on finishing this post

and...


Instead of bouncing around on the So Scrappy blog checking out what the other RSC Quilters have been up to this week, I probably should have been sewing!!!  After linking up, I got ready for DH's work party and that, my friends, brings ME to the close of another month of RSC Madness.


WAIT!!!  What, Joyful???


You heard me correctly.  I'm done with counting for the RSC blocks for LIGHT BLUE month.


WHY, Joyful?!?!


The reason is simple.  I'm working FULL-TIME next week.  :o))

...and I don't think I'll have time to add any further blocks to my collection of RSC sewing.  :o((

Until next time...
Get Scrappy!!!

6 comments:

  1. You sure manage your time well to get some sewing in every day. Your dyed fabrics look very interesting. Looks like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed that you got in any sewing at all. The hand dyes look like so much fun. That one is on my list for someday. Its a long list........

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your week! After your working week you will be all ready for the red month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your gelli prints are so beautiful! And I'm loving your rainbow scrap challenge. I might have to add that one to my list after I finish the scrap vortex. Because I should definitely have enough scraps to last at least a couple of lifetimes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you'll find some time to sew and blog next week. Your posts are so much fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely dyed blocks. I do hope you can get some fun quilting done.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.