Friday, December 12, 2014

GIMQ, Clue 3

Another Friday, another clue in Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt.  That makes THREE.  I'm REALLY excited about this one because my beloved greens get to come out of the "bag of mystery" to play (with the neutrals and blacks.)  :o))

What else would you call the bag that you gathered all of your fabrics in to wait the time between the announcement and the time the clues began to arrive?!  :P

Some may have a "basket of mystery", while others have a "pile of mystery."  No matter.  It's all good.  For better or worse, easy or hard (clue), people have joined the mystery.  I hope they are having as much fun as I am.  Thanks, Bonnie!  (Bonnie Hunter of www.quiltville.com)


Look at all of those wonderful grass green fabrics!  Do you see that 2" strip?  That is the basic unit of this week's clue.  By now, you know the drill.  I'm not showing you the block until Monday, known as Grand Illumination Day, here at The Joyful Quilter.  :P






Until then...

Have a look at the two leafy, flowery fabrics that I pulled.  They didn't quite make the cut.  I was worried that (at some point) they might fade into the nice, sunny yellow that I used back in Clue One.





Oh, well.  They will have their day in quilting play...

One of these days!  Perhaps, not in this quilt, but SOMEDAY!!!  I'm not quite sure where that fabric on the right came from, but the one on the left came home with me from and Ugly Fat Quarter Swap (if you can imagine!)  I was pleased to have gotten such an "ugly" fabric.  :o))

Oh!  Wanna know why else I'm excited???

It's a (relatively) EASY clue this week!!!  Care to join me in a Happy Dance?  Well, if you are one of the participants in this mystery, I'm willing to bet that you are dancing right alongside me.

Off to take care of another pressing matters.

Until next time...
Happy Quilting!!

2 comments:

  1. I am definitely dancing with you! Clue 2 is taking me forever. Bonnie promised us the next few will be easy on us, so maybe we can catch up! - Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment. This clue may be "easy", but it's still time consuming! Catching up doesn't really matter that much to me. I work at my own pace and don't tend to stress about "being behind."

    It's not like the quilt won't eventually end up a UFO, anyway! LOL My quilts have to "age" before I could possibly consider finishing them. :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.