Monday, March 3, 2014

Three Dog Night...

You've heard of a 3 dog night, right?  Well, I had a 3 bag weekend.  LOL

It started a few days earlier, really, when TBF announced that her LYS owner was looking for a "local supplier" of project bags to sell in the shop.  And, then, adding that she had taken the liberty of recommending ME!!!

WHAT?!?!

Well, after going into a brief panic, I decided that I might give it (the project bag making industry) a try.  That's how I turned a stack of fabric into 3 project bags this weekend...

Small, lined:




Medium, lined:



Medium, unlined:



And I'm interested in making the best bag that I can make, so I made another one this afternoon since work got canceled due to the weather predictions.  (Gotta LOVE living in the South!)

Today's Tab Bag:



Each bag took WAY longer than I expected, but it has been a learning experience.  Thank you to Knittingsuek, Phoenixfire, Quietheart, and Sheeplady75 for participating in my "Market Analysis" to find out what "Bag Lady's" like.  I appreciate your comments and suggestions.

I would also like to thank Craftsy.com and Kristin Link of Sew, Mama, Sew (www.sewmamasew.com) for the informative Bag-Making Basics: Drawstring Bag & Bucket Bag class.  It helped me look at the process in a different light.  Kristen's technique for the drawstring casing gave my bags a more professional look.  (See the Medium, lined bag above.)

It was a productive day and with some relaxation...

I ended the day by casting on THREE new knitting projects!!!

Until next time...
Happy Stitching!

2 comments:

  1. Lovely bags, you did a great job---the flamingos and the purple are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm sure you could call up to order your favorite. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.