Last week, I received the following comment here on my blog:
Hi, I was sent the Liebster blog award earlier this week, and I would like to pass it on to you! There are details at my blog at http://beautyinthelonely.blogspot.co.uk/
You make beautiful quilts and as someone who is new to quilting I find your blog an inspiration!
All the best,
Here is an excerpt from Cathy's blog, Beautiy InTheLonely, at http://beautyinthelonely.blogspot.co.uk/:
"Rachel-Lou of MadeWithWhimsy very kindly awarded me a Liebster Blog award. This is sort of like a blog equivalent of Herman the German Friendship cake. What you do is:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
3. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed (see below.)
5. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog."
Thank you for the recognition, Cathy! I appreciate this honor.
Here are my 5 blog choices, in random order:
1. Monsoon Calamity at http://www.monsooncalamity.blogspot.com/
2. Silly Ewe at http://www.unraveledagain.blogspot.com/
3. Rona at http://genuinelyrona.blogspot.com/
4. Liddy at http://www.liddyscreativeplayground.blogspot.com/
5. Just Jenn at http://quiddity-quilts.blogspot.com/p/ufos.html
Go have a look!
These bloggers are all members of one quilting forum or another over on Ravelry.com, where I hang out a good bit of the time. Monsoon Calamity has an interesting technique for "binding" quilts, Silly Ewe makes some absolutely incredible quilts, Rona is determined to finish up her UFOs,and Liddy believes that "she who dies with the MOST projects wins"
Jenn holds a special place in my heart and without her, I might not be here on Blogger right now. She was my "partner in crime" when the UFO Club began over on the Quilters Knitting group at Ravelry.com. Her encouragement prompted me to start this blog. (Plus, I love almost EVERY quilt she makes!)
Until next time...