Monday, April 16, 2012

Frog Legs & Caviar (close-up)

Hooray!!! I've completed my 1st project of the Spring 2012 UFO Club session. I'm SO excited (because the baby's not even here, yet!)

This quilt began as a group of Roman Stripe/Rail Fence blocks rejected by another quilter. I couldn't believe my luck when I looked in a scrap bag (given to me by a friend) and found more than a dozen completed quilt blocks.

What's a quilter to do?!

Well, I'll tell you what I did... I immediately thought "Quilt Starter."

What a wonderful gift!!!

Down went the blocks onto my "design floor" and out came all of the various green fabrics in my stash. These gave the quilt a jungle vibe that worked well with the colorful frogs in the blocks.

The name came from the fabric for the inner border. It looked like fish eggs to me. I thought that the bright colors worked well with the froggy fabric and the green "eggs" worked to tie it in with the rest of the quilt.

I quilted an assortment of leaves and vines, further expanding on the jungle theme. Hopefully, Mom and baby will like the quilt.

If not, they can always return it! I would gladly make them another custom made quilt because I absolutely LOVE this one and will be sad to see it go.

Until next time...
Happy Quilting!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I was sent the Liebster blog award earlier this week, and I would like to pass it on to you! There are details at my blog at http://beautyinthelonely.blogspot.co.uk/
    You make beautiful quilts and as someone who is new to quilting I find your blog an inspiration!

    All the best,

    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind words. I'm happy that I was able to inspire you. Happy Quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.