Sunday, November 20, 2011

Flames in Action

Flames in Action by basketcasejoy
Flames in Action, a photo by basketcasejoy on Flickr.
I shared this portion of a quilt on Ravelry earlier today. Someone had suggested that one of the quilters might want to use a fire themed quilting design on her hot-colored Blooming 9-Patch quilt. I had used such a design and decided to share.

The quilt is named The Happy Accident because my friend and I did some bad math when figuring out how many blocks to make for quilts for my two sons. There were enough leftover blocks to combine with "plain" squares for another quilt.

The resulting quilt was a lap quilt for my husband. I used "fire quilting" by Vikki Pignatelli for my DH's quilt because flames (for fast cars) were a recurring theme in the fabrics that were chosen.

Here's the entry in my quilt book:

Flame Quilting

I made the quilt a number years ago. It hung in the 2006 NC State Fair and brought home an Honorable Mention ribbon.

Perhaps, I'll have something new to share sometime soon. Until then...

Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.