Sunday, July 31, 2011

"Quilt" Quilt

"Quilt" Quilt by basketcasejoy
"Quilt" Quilt, a photo by basketcasejoy on Flickr.

This 9" x 12" quilt began as part of my Journal Quilt series. Quilting friends were experimenting with stencils and painting with crayons.

Have YOU used this technique???

It takes a LOT of paper bags to iron out the wax! The end result is vibrant and fun. However, the project sat (unfinished) for many months.

My Art Bee's issue of a challenge brought this little quilt back to the forefront.

How?

I wanted to participate in the challenge, but I didn't want to start a NEW quilt! Hmm... what's a quilter to do???

Well, if you were me, you'd look around your studio for a UFO that would work with the "challenge fabric." (That's the inner border and the binding.) This little quilt fit the bill!

Don't you agree???

The colors are perfect and the busy little print is just "playful" enough to work for the border and binding.

As usual, the quilt could benefit from additional quilting, but for now...

It's DONE!!!

(I think you may have heard that statement before. It seems to be my motto.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.