Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dye Frenzy 2011 - The Results

HERE'S THE PICTURE PROOF!!!

My local quilt bee had SO much fun at last year's workshop that we decided to make it an annual event.  Some of you have been waiting to see the results of this year's Dye Frenzy that was held on May 21st.  After two weeks, this photo shows a collage of my efforts.



If you recall the outcome of last year's workshop, you'll notice that we tried a few new colors this time around.  I focused my efforts on using the "new" colors.  I'm fairly pleased with the results and will be happy to add these new creations to my personal hand-dyed collection.  I used Bahama Blue, China Blue, Tulip Red, brown and black (along with several of the choices from last year.)

I tried some new techniques that produced the following:

A fabric that looked like it had bird tracks along the edges, one that resembled barbed wire, and another that is shaded like an American Flag.  The workshop leader, once again, issued a challenge for us to create something from our hand-dyes.  Wonder of wonders, I think I know what I'd like to make!  Stay tuned...

Until then...
Happy Quilting!

No comments:

Post a Comment