Sunday, May 8, 2011
My 1st Finish of the Spring 2011 UFO Club!!!
This began as a stack of fabric (as quilt projects often do) and a de-constructed sweatshirt...more than THREE YEARS AGO!!! I started it to replace the jacket that I gave a friend when we moved away. It was a bit big for me, but it fit her perfectly and she LOVED it, commenting on it every time I wore it. (The look on her face was priceless when she realized that it was really hers!) Anyway, I bought fabric to make myself another jacket. I remember that stack of fabric and that sweatshirt sitting on my sewing table BEFORE the "big move" to my new studio.
That move took place two years ago! This project has been included in SEVERAL sessions of the (Ravelry) UFO Club. I am SO happy to have it done!
Who knows why it took so long to get around to working on it, because it was a lot of fun to quilt and I actually quilted it in one day...
And then it sat for weeks before I decided to sew the pieces together. (And another number of weeks before I got around to applying the binding!)
Once the binding was applied, I worked on it on and off for about a week and completed it this afternoon on the way back from Mother's Day lunch with my MIL.
Hooray! A new jacket that will be PERFECT... for NEXT winter!
Until next time...