Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Quilt Test...Revealed!


When Lindsay at www.mequilting.com put out a call for pattern testers on www.ravelry.com, I responded. Telling her that I would be happy to test her pattern was the one of the best things that happened to me during the month of November. Testing her pattern firmly pulled me back into my quilting studio. I've been spending MUCH more time in there since.

As I mentioned in my last post, it's a fast and easy quilt to make. The pattern is called Boxed Ribbon Baby Quilt, but it can be adapted to fit any recipient. If you have 5 FQs, some background, backing , and binding...you can make this quilt. (Even if you are a beginner!) Need a bigger quilt? Just multiply the number of blocks you make and add more strip sets around the outside border.

I didn't know what I would be asked to make upon signing up for this pattern tester gig. At the time I received the pattern, the LAST thing I wanted to make was another baby quilt! I threw caution to the wind and decided to show what ELSE could be done with Lindsay's pattern. ** See the photo above. (I figured that if she didn't like it, I could always go back into my stash for more fabric!)

Lindsay's pattern is set to be released Wednesday, 12/15/10 on mequilting.com and will be available to purchase for approx. $6.00.

Happy Quilting!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.