Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Blue/Yellow Woven - Completed

Another quilt for the Ravelry UFO Club. This one started as a woven piece that needed something extra. It ended up being a lesson in a 'new to me' binding technique. Thanks to my good friend for giving me a lesson in mitered bindings so that I could accomplish the two color binding.
I began with scrap strips leftover from a larger project to experiment with weaving fabric. Months went by before inspiration struck and I thought I would add a quilted sunflower. The more I looked at it, the less appealing that idea became. Inspiration struck a second time and the raw edged applique that you see was the result.

Once the quilt was completed and the photo op was complete, I noticed that I had deviated from my plan. The blue was to be near the flower and the yellow was so be on the opposing sides. What do you think? Should I bother to re-do it?

Until next time...
Happy Quilting!
P.S. I think I'll call it Sunflower Surprise.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like it just the way it is! The yellow binding is like the sun at the top corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it just the way it is too. I also have a problem with turning a finished project back into a WIP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comments! Another friend suggested the same thing about the sunshine, Andi. And Jackie, I'm right there with you about turning a FO back into a WIP. I just thought that if the quilt "needed" it...I would do it for the benefit of the finished product. I guess I'll keep it the way it is. Thanks, again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! If you are a NO REPLY blogger, please add your email address, as I reply to each one individually.